The Granite Hammers – NEGB New Hampshire Seacoast Division
At The Granite Hammers girls baseball club, our goal is to encourage girls to play baseball by offering them opportunities to learn and play the game with other girls. We welcome girls ages 8-13 regardless of previous baseball experience.
- Where: We will hold practices in Dover, Durham and Barrington, NH depending on field availability.
- When: Our sessions will be held on Sundays because we want our players to continue playing baseball and softball in their local programs – the majority of which schedule games on Saturdays.
- Seasons: Our spring season will run from late-April through the end of June. Our fall season will occur in the months of September and October. Depending on interest, we will explore offering a summer session or clinics.
- Format: We will run a 1 hour 45 minute practice during which we will teach baseball fundamentals and play scrimmages. In order to keep players moving and engaged we will run numerous drill stations simultaneously. We will rely on volunteer coaches to make this possible.
- Stewardship: A key feature of our program will be cleaning and raking the field after each session. As guests on these fields, we set a high priority on maintaining the quality, safety and playability of any field we are allowed to use. Players will work together with coaches and parents to perform basic maintenance at the conclusion of each session.
- Cost: In our introductory season we will charge only $75 per player. This will cover insurance and training equipment like balls and nets. Practice shirts and hats will be ordered separately once the spring roster is set.
- What do players need to participate? Players need a baseball glove, cleats (no metal spikes), a batting helmet and baseball/softball pants. We will have bats but players are welcome to bring their baseball bats.
- How you can help: Our greatest need is volunteer coaches. If you or someone you know has interest in coaching please contact us. All are welcome but we are particularly interested in giving our players the opportunity to learn the game from women who have played baseball.
- Opportunities: We work closely with the leading national girls’ baseball organization Baseball For All (BFA). BFA organizes all-girl regional and national tournaments each year. We will offer the opportunity for our players to participate in these and other tournaments.
Granite Hammers – Our Supporters and Partners
Launching the Granite Hammers girls’ baseball program wouldn’t have been possible without the support and generosity of our partners. Many thanks to:
- Maximum Velocity-FC for hosting our program, providing insurance and administrative support.
- Dover Baseball for providing access to their baseball fields and helping us advertise.
- Durham Parks and Recreation for providing access to their baseball fields and helping us advertise.
- Barrington Youth Association for providing access to their baseball fields and helping us advertise.